HOH AZ Network hosts first Foster Care Ministry Summit
On Saturday, May 6, 2017, Harvest of Hope Family Services Network, Inc. hosted its first Foster Care Ministry Training Summit at the First Institutional Baptist Church in Phoenix, AZ. 60 pastors and church leaders convened to learn about Arizona’s foster care crisis, and how the church can effectively respond by creating foster care ministries within their churches. Pastors learned:
1. What the Bible says about foster care
2. How foster care ministry is a mission
3. What the pastor’s role is in keeping foster care before the congregation
Church leaders received information pertaining to:
1. Effective ways to raise awareness in the church about the foster care system and the children in foster care
2. How to engage volunteers to become a part of the foster care ministry
3. How to encourage and support existing foster parents in the church
4. How to recruit members and host recruitment events
5. How to work with foster care agencies to have new foster parents trained and licensed.
Below are some photos from this dynamic event!