Supporting Foster & Adoption Families
Responding to requests from DYFS via telephone, e-mail or fax for a placement of child/children ranging from newborn to eighteen years old. Every effort is made to match child/children with an appropriate foster home, with subsequent placement as the goal. Information that is obtained from the DYFS Facilitator regarding the child/children such as, name, age(DOB), gender and race; a brief description of why placement is needed is also obtained and shared with Resource Parent. The Resource Parent may decline to accept placement and this case the HOH facilitator proceed to call another Resource Parent and another until the request is complete. If there is not resource home to match the needs of the child/children, the DYFS Facilitator is notified.
The Facilitation process is completed after the placement has occurred.
Supporting Our Families
- Schedule and conduct monthly support visits with each foster family.
- Address concerns of foster parents while assisting in resolving fostering related problems.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of monthly retention activities for foster parents. This includes recognition and celebratory events, in addition to in-service training for Foster Parents.
- Provide contact information for Women Infants and Children (WIC) to add supplemental support for foster parents.
- Provide information regarding local Day Care providers for foster parents.
- Assist DYFS with facilitating the placement of children into Harvest of Hope foster homes.
- Provide each foster family with a gift package upon the placement of foster children in a Harvest of Hope home.
- Facilitate family visits between foster children in Harvest of Hope homes and their biological relatives.
- Foster and adoptive family support group
- Annual Baby Shower
- Annual Foster Parent Brunch
- Everybody's Birthday Celebration
- Annual Back 2 School Block Party
- Annual Holiday Celebration